Monday, October 25, 2010

Annie's Kitchen Weekend


Again some time was needed to re-energize and re-focus this blog, hence more time off! I'm not going to lie...2010 was not what I expected and it's been difficult to get motivated and share what's going on when it's not all that fantastic. Since I want to spread happiness and joy through these posts, it just hasn't seemed like the year to do that. I also haven't been sure where to take the "Green Plan-It" blog as I won't be planning too many things (except trips when I can). So for now we'll keep the name and continue on until we find out it's true meaning and how it relates to what we do here now.

But as we venture into understanding I am really digging being in the kitchen! This weekend was jam-packed with cooking and baking time. A trip to the farmer's market on a beautiful Saturday morning was just the inspiration needed to get my butt in gear! Applesauce, Pumpkin Butter, Apple Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting, oh my! And for football Sunday (poor Bills, or rather, the fans) a very tasty Turkey Chili with Sour Cream and Cheddar Biscuits, courtesy of Smitten Kitchen (one of my favorite blog stops these days...check out those pictures!).

So to keep up my writing, and my voice, I suppose I'll just keep you posted on yummy things from Annie's Kitchen. I'll scour the web and make some tasty treats and be sure to share them with you (with the recipe and source, of course) and I'm sure my always-hungry hubby won't mind the new project at all!

(Photo courtesy of Husband Tony)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, write more about cooking and yummy things!!! can't wait to read (and one day maybe taste) all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for more, too. In fact, why don't I just turn over Thanksgiving to you - you can have my kitchen and I'll sit in front of the fire with a tasty cocktail and some yummy hors 'oeuvres that you will undoubtedly come up with!

    ReplyDelete