Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wedding Crashers!


So to ring in the new year right and get Green Plan-It going strong I decided to attend "Wedding Crashers" today put on by Brooklyn Based, held at the Bell House in Brooklyn.  It was such a great venue for such a wonderful event (and the readily available bubbly was pretty swell too)!  I wanted to start getting out there and meeting all of the great vendors that Brooklyn has to offer and there were so many, from photographers to bands to caterers and everyone in between.  Since most of the attendants were brides-to-be, many of the vendors were a little surprised to hear that I was already a married lady but I quickly followed my intro with "but I also just started an event planning business."  With that, I was in!  Other vendors want to be recommended through planners as well so it was a great place to meet people.  I just wish I had planned a little better and had business cards in tow...so you all know what I'm doing this afternoon!

This was the first Wedding Crashers event and I'm looking forward to the next one!  Hopefully by then we'll be in full swing and be able to have a booth there too!

1 comment: